Monday, January 12, 2009

Pink Box

Over the weekend I made this Valentine box. It is made from a little paper box that I painted a pretty shade of pink. I painted a few Popsicles/craft sticks the same color. Then I dry brushed a little white over the pink and then added some pink glitter. I noticed while searching for Valentine ideas that there were a few ideas using craft sticks. I like the homemade look of Valentines. I guess you could say vintage. Something you could of made in school for your Mom.

The couple image is just perfect for Valentine's Day. A few cut out hearts, flowers, beads and the box is ready to fill with a few Valentine treats. I bought the heart shaped cards at "The Dollar" store, how cute. I must say the thought of actually using them to play a few card games never entered my mind. I know they will be used for paper crafts. I am just not sure how they will be used.
I wanted to show you that there really is a box under all those sticks. I used a paint pen for a little detailing. Then I noticed that I only put one coat of paint, it needs two. Oh well, that is easily fixed.


10 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

Oh that is just darling!!

I adore pink glitter...I used the last of it on my Christmas Thank you's and I'm having withdrawals!

Hugs,
Robin

Unknown said...

Oh it is beautiful I love glitter and pink so much love it!

Shelley said...

This is beautiful and the picture of the couple looks perfect on it!

steviewren said...

Very good use of glitter and the color pink!

Malisa said...

What an adorable little Valentine box...and what a find on those cute heart shaped cards!

Malisa

Debbie said...

You are so busy! Very cute box. It does look like something a child would work hard on, then proudly bring home for mom. You are just full of ideas. I like your project on your last post too.
Debbie

Daphine said...

Oh! How beautiful! Love it!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Oh Miss Denise - another project that I adore!!!! You amaze me!!! Got any other valentine goodies up your sleeve - keep on a sharin'. Have a great one! Cathy

Unknown said...

What a sweet Valentine box your very creative. Keep sharing! Esther

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Adorable!!! I love it!

I always love all the ideas here... you are truly a talented lady indeed.

Thank you for dearly for stopping in to visit with me...

Hoping you a Wonderful Weekend, Pamela