Friday, April 6, 2012

Italian Egg Biscuits

 Easter would not be Easter without Italian egg biscuits in our house.  My mother has made them for as long as I can remember. I made  a batch yesterday, using this  recipe from our local paper.  It calls for anise extract, which either you love or hate, no middle ground here!   My mother uses lemon extract, a very subtle flavoring.

 The recipe made a lot!  After eating three yesterday I knew I had to get them out of the house! 

 This batch will go to work with my husband.
 These will be delivered to  friends and family.

I made a few gift tags last month.  They add a little something to the biscuits.  
 Is there a special food you need to have on Easter?   
My favorite chocolate treat has to be malted milk balls!  

 Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Carol said...

I've never heard of these, they look delicious! Cute gift tags! My favorite Easter treat is anything chocolate.

Smiles,
Carol

Crickit said...

These look wonderful!
The recepients of these biscuits, I am sure will be elated! :)

Attic Clutter said...

cute lil' chickies the biscuits look so good too (:)

Miss Debbie said...

I have never heard of those, but they look yummy. I'll have to google them and find a recipe...unless you want to share yours! :-)