Thursday, July 3, 2008

Very Americana !

Last week I saw a cute little bag at TJ Maxx. It was too small for an everyday bag for me, but it would be nice as a camera bag. I knew I had some left over fabric at home that I could use to make a bag. The blue fabric was left over from a pocketbook I made for a friend and I always have red gingham in the house. The white yo yo (white dot) with the red button are also leftovers! I was already halfway there just had to get out the sewing machine.
I like the way it came out, the red ric-rac is cute as a strap. I think that it adds a little whimsy to the bag.




8 comments:

Debbie said...

So cute. You've inspired me to make a camera bag. I've been needing one. Have a happy 4th!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Cute little camera bag. You did a great job. you have a great 4th of July weekends.

Lavinia said...

It's certainly the cutest little camera bag I've ever seen. Those little details you always add elevate all your projects.

Julie said...

That is just too precious! Then again, everything you do is! You are so creative!

Two of my favorite things are gingham and rick-rack!!! Have to have them in the house at all times!

Blessings,
Julie

Attic Clutter said...

Oh what a cute little camera bag(:) and I love the sunflower window scape.. just adoreable~!!
Happy 4th~!! hugs Patty

tincanlily said...

Thanks for all the compliments. I noticed that I did not show that the bag was lined with red gingham!
I was tagged this week and received an award. I hope to get to everything by Monday!

steviewren said...

Very cute! And it matches the holiday! Have a happy 4th and take a lot of pictures!

Anonymous said...

Denise...this little bag turned out fabulous. I love the flower that you put on the front and the strap is so clever :)

p.s. Thanks bunches for leaving such a wonderful comment on my blog. Have a great week!