Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Mums the word!

I can not ignore the fact that some of the flowers I planted in the spring are starting to fade. Mums are out in full force in New England. I bought a bunch! I went to the shed and there was the shovel, I took it as a sign. I can never find the shovel when I need it! I bought a few shrubs too. Yes, these will be planted today! It is off to work! Did I mention it is warm here and the afternoon sun is right where I intend to work! The colors are so pretty!


4 comments:

Lallee said...

Those are so pretty. I love the mix of colors.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

How beautiful! I love mums...they are so cheerful and always remind me of fall and homecoming football games...
Hugs,
Penny

Beehind Thyme & French Rustic Cottage said...

Don't you just lovvvvvvvvve MuMs!!! They are one of my FaVoRiTes. We raise them here at the shoppe along w/ other AuTuMn PLaNTs. I love to baby them and see them grow into big, round plants loaded w/ buds then w/ the buds start to pop... oh my!!!

Love your little owls...love the colors... they must be back.

Thank you dearly for taking the thyme to stop in for a visit w/ me... hope to see you again soon.

Blessings 2 you, Pamela

Lavinia said...

Yes, the flower shops are full of mums up here too. I haven't bought any yet...it seems that to do so is to admit "summer is over"...! (I'm just not there yet!)