Tuesday, December 2, 2008

New Season New Banner

Over the weekend I bought a little machine that cuts out the cutest images. It is called the CRICUT. I saw it on an infomercial over the summer. It was half off over at Michael's so I decided it was time to buy. Of course I had buyer's remorse when I got home. It is not cheap.



But once I opened it and my daughter figured out how to use it, I was hooked. We spent most of Sunday afternoon cutting out all types of images.




The little reindeer is so adorable. The snowflakes are, well snowflakes. Who doesn't like a little snowflake now and then? I like paper snowflakes over the frozen kind that accumulate in the yard. We will get a snow storm soon enough.


How about this little piece of greenery? It can also cut out letters faster than I can type the word letters. I see a lot of banners in my future!





11 comments:

Dawn Marie said...

I love that!!! I love the reindeer..i can see how that would be so fun!

Hello, I'm Dawn from Wisconsin. I've lived here all my life also--and while I dont love it--I wont leave because my children and grandchildren are here.

I'm currently working on a finding a good gingerbread dough so i can make a large gingerbread man to decorate and place in my kitchen window. I have one that I'm trying right now--he's cooling off in the oven...the house smells wonderful--BUT, he's not edible!

Please, come visit my blog and and if your a praying woman--pray my gingerbread dough works! This is my 2nd attempt.

Carol said...

Congratulations on treating yourself to a fun new crafting toy! I know you're going to be creating all kinds of fantastic things! Enjoy!!
Hugs,
Carol

Lisa said...

That is so cool! I need to do some shoppin like that.

Daphine said...

I so want this machine! I saw the infomercial too! I have a friend who might be selling hers so I am holding out! Good for you for getting to treat yourself. Enjoy it!

Shelley said...

I love how you are putting these patterns together. I say let yourself enjoy your new crafty toy! You are going to make beautiful things with it - banners sound nice!

Cindy said...

Just found your blog today. It is a wonderfully put together. Today is Blog Comment Day. Leaving a little love as I pass by. Will be reading your blog again.
Have a perfect day.
Cindy

Painted Pink Pot said...

Super cute............Is it easy to use? What a great gift to yourself have fun with it.

Unknown said...

love it I want one bad maybe Santa will bring me one!

Elm Hollow Primitives said...

Cute-Just found your blog this morning. Your work reminds me of old vintage ornaments. Keep up the great work. We all deserve to treat ourselves, just look at all the things we do all the time for everyone.

Tootalls-Donna

Anonymous said...

OMGoodness!!! What a contraption that is... to do all those cutouts, they are so fine. The reindeer is my favorite! Love the JOY banner... That is my WORD, in the mornings as my feet hit the floor the words out of my mouth are, "Don't let anyone or anything steal my JOY today"... Somethymes it is so easily stolen.

Have a MeRRiE DeCeMbeR DaY, Pamela
Looking forward to seeing you this evening...

Cindy said...

Oh how very cute and fun! I think you will like that thing once you get it going and all...already looks like it does some great stuff.

c