Thursday, June 19, 2008

Being more Creative

When I first discovered blogging over a year ago, I was amazed at how many creative people there were out. I made cards and I sewed a bit, but these people were just so imaginative. My work before blogging just lacked something. I never really stepped out of the box. Okay, my work was boring. I still have a long way to go. But now, at least I am on the road to being more creative. A year ago if I had bought this postcard, I would of mailed it. This year, I turned it into an envelope. It could hold a gift card, cash or a note. I sewed three sides, leaving one side open and added a little ribbon and a button. Before blogging I would of never thought of sewing on paper. Thank you to all the bloggers who inspire me everyday.

8 comments:

BittersweetPunkin said...

You are so clever!!Love that RI postcard...I remember seeing those all over the place down at the Beach!!
Hugs,
Robin

Lorraine said...

You are so creative,every thing you make is nice.I wish I had half your talent.Keep up the good work. I love to see the new things you come up with. Have a great day...........

Donna Lynn said...

What fun you had on your postcard, isn't it so much fun to take something like that and do fun "out of the box" things with it?? Nice job, blogging does indeed open your eyes to so many creative ideas!!!

I loved you pergola post, beautiful! I would love one over my table and chairs, hubby can build anything I just need to make a plan...hum, better get right on that!

Take care and I will try and stop by again soon, my yard is sucking up all my time right now and it is glorious!!!!
XO,
DL

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Wonderful idea! You have a great creative sense.....
Hugs,
Penny

steviewren said...

I just might steal this idea I like it so well!

Lavinia said...

So creative...your idea and YOU. Someone will be the lucky recipient of this postcard "deluxe". As much as other blogger's creativity amazes you,....other's are amazed by yours (including me!).

Cindy said...

Right back atcha! That is probably the thing I love most about blogging, being inspired by other. And in turn it pushes you to stretch. I love it.

c

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise:
This is Ilse. I love your blog and have added it to my favorites. My e-mail address is imoore20@sc.rr.com. Maybe we can exchange some ideas.
Had fun tonight at the part and hope to see you again this summer. I love reading your blog and enjoyed myself talking to you tonight.
Ilse