Monday, June 2, 2008

A Few of my Favorite Things

I was going through a stack of magazines on Saturday. Tearing out pictures of kitchens I will never have, places I will never visit and things I will never make. But still I do this every month or so. I thought it might be nice to share a few pictures of things that make me smile or I must have in the summer.

I love to wear dresses in the summer. They are much cooler and no need to match anything. I like to do my own nails. This is a pretty pink color. Cute sandals, I buy them but do I ever wear them? I always grab the same black flip flops from two years ago.

You all know I love my flowers. Have you ever tried strawberries in your salad? If not give it a try. I like to put pears, apples, raisins and sometimes even pineapples in my salad.

I have been drinking iced coffee for as long as I can remember. It is a standard year round drink here in Rhode Island. The Atlantic Ocean, I visit the beach a few times during the summer. It is about 45 minutes away, including stopping for coffee on the way.
I love to take a book outside and just sit on my swing and read. I mean sit on the swing and read. Motion and reading is not a good thing for me. Spring and summer are my favorite seasons by far. Sunshine, 80 degrees and a light breeze that is my idea of a start to a fine day.




Self tanners, I have been using them for years. The results have varied as anyone who uses them will know. I am using this one this year and I like it. Now, I am going outside to water and weed the flowers , the sun is shining and there is a light breeze, temperature is about 75.




PS I see that I spelled sandals wrong, I am sorry it was late last night when I was doing this. I think I am going to have to double and triple check my spelling. Also, on the top of the first picture there are two ice cream cookie sandwiches, need I say more?




13 comments:

Debbie said...

I love your blog! It's a very creative way of telling us about you. Fun Stuff! I too, love to wear dresses in the summer, and grab the same pair of flip flops. I drink Iced Chi Tea, not coffee. And I love gardening and flowers. Strawberries in salad sound good. Thanks!
Debbie

Michelle said...

Love your favorite things! What a fun idea - self therapy, I would say!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Are you familiar with the old coffee chain Bess Eaton?? I used to love their iced coffee....too bad they folded...I actually worked at one in RI....
I love your favorite things, we have a lot of them in commin!
Blessings,
Robin

BittersweetPunkin said...

see...I typo's common....oh well...we all do it!LOL

tincanlily said...

Yes, Bess Eaton folded a few years ago. I loved their coffee. Their baked goods, were well, not so good. Dunkin Donuts still rules in Rhode Island.

Lavinia said...

Did someone say iced coffee? Pink nail polish? Summer dresses? Two year old flip flops? LOL...are we the same person? We must be...

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Looks like we have a lot of favorites in common!

I love fresh sliced strawberries and baby spinach salads with poppy seed dressing.

Another great salad is baby greens with blueberries, raspberries blue cheese crumbles and a light vinagerette..
Penny

tksutton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
steviewren said...

Strawberries and sliced almonds with a little red onion on a bed of green leaf lettuce sprinkled with feta cheese topped with Ken's Vidallia Vinegarette....mmmmm Mandarin oranges too! making myself so hungry!

and I think I misspelled 3 words at least!

Unknown said...

Oh, a collage. It's good to do a collage every once in a while. I need to do one on my goals...thanks for the inspiration!

Painted Pink Pot said...

Oh wow, I think you are very creative. Love, love, love the pretty pink polish. Iced Coffee.........please.... I drink it morning, noon and night......yum.

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Me too, Me too, Summer dresses are the best and so are worn out flip-flops and yes we must have pink nail polish, pink anything is all right with me. I'll have to swope iced coffee for iced tea though. And who doesn't love to swing. Your so smart for cutting these pictures out for inspiration.

Hugs, RoseMarie

Anonymous said...

Love That!! You made me smile today...LOL Love all things you like to do....I will have to say I will drink Ice tea instead of Ice Coffee....I tried it the other day...oh..didn't like it. Well,love the sandwiches cookies...I use to work at a bakery and we had sandwiches cookies...Oh..The M&m cookies with buttercream icing was so GOOOOOD!! That why I gotten so big....now I working on losing the weigh...Love to have a cookie but it will have to be sugar free... Love to visit your blog...Thank for visiting and leaving sweet comment. You have 4 tickets(name) in the bucket. You have a Bless day!