Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Time for Change

Time to change the centerpiece for the dining room table. I have had this old tool box for years. It was painted red when I bought it, if I am not mistaken. I have since painted it black ,blue and now finally yellow and white. I bought fabric last week to recover the dinning room chairs. I have wanted to change the fabric for a while now, but I have to be in the mood to do this project. You can see one chair right behind the new centerpiece. I was looking for a Napa Valley feel a few years back. Lots of rusts, reds and browns. Now, I am in the mood for a change. I just need to get going. Changing the centerpiece maybe the start I need.





7 comments:

Lorraine said...

Ilove the centerpiece,the color looks so nice with the flowers. I am so jealous I have not been in the mood to do anything and you are making one thing after other.Keep going I love to see all the things you make.Have a great day........

Julie said...

Oh, please do keep us updated!
I love to see all the things you're doing!
I'm making changes, but not having fun with it....
Thank you for inspiring me!
Blessings,
Julie

Debbie said...

Very cute. I really like the way you painted the box. You are doing so many projects, it's very inspiring.
Debbie

BittersweetPunkin said...

That is gorgeous! I've heard how HOT it is back East...I remember those hot humid days...yuck! It's wet and chilly here in WA. You've been a busy gal....as usual!
Hugs,
Robin

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That center piece turned out great! I love the diamond pattern. I think I might have to borrow this idea if you don't mind! I have a couple of vintage tool boxes and I was going to paint on red for my dining table. Now I just might add a pattern...Thanks for the idea...
Hugs,
Penny

Lavinia said...

Oh I love the diamond harlequin motif. I am still getting caught up on my blog reading since my home computer ins on the fritz and I've been a bit ill....thank you for your kind comments!

A pleasure to peruse your blog, as ever...

Cindy said...

I like tool boxes too. So cute. That one is adorale and you did a fab job with the paint. I love it, so cute with geraniums.

c