Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Dishes Will Have to Wait!

It happened again ...this time while I was doing the dishes. There it was on the kitchen counter, an empty box. The box that my checks come in was just lying there, waiting to be put in the recycle bin. What was I thinking, I could put pretty pretty paper on it and use it for something! The dishes will have to wait. This had to be done and done quickly.



In less than an hour the box was covered, now what was I going to do with it? The dishes are still in the sink and the water is now cold. That is alright because it happens a lot.



The artists trading cards I made a few weeks ago were still in a pile at the end of the counter. It seems they are a perfect fit to the newly covered box.


The artist trading card in the picture below is titled "Ocean State" because that is the nick name of the state I call home. The biggest little state in the union, Rhode Island.








8 comments:

steviewren said...

Oh this box is precious. I love your ATCs. I have got to get to work so we can trade soon! For once I have some plans for the weekend, but next week I will work on them for sure!

vintage girl at heart said...

This is adorable!!! I love it and that you placed some of your ATC's in it.. how perfect and what a great way to trade/ship them in the future!! I think you are on to something.. you should submit it to Somerset or Stampington magazine.

Sugarplum Cottage said...

How creative, our minds work alike, that is why I have so many won't to be creations in my shop. Your flowers are so pretty and cheerful, love the herb pots. I bet the dishes were still there when you finished the box.

Hugs, RoseMarie

Lavinia said...

Your imagination and creativity never ceases to amaze me. Just look at that darling little box! Your eye is visionary...I would have jsut jammed that box into the fireplace and set it afire...and been the poorer for it!

tincanlily said...

I really like making the artist trading cards. The box was just a perfect size to hold them.
I never thought of submitting anything to a magazine. Maybe the next one.
The dishes are still in the sink. Just kidding. Doing dishes or paper crafting, I choose paper!
I think I have another check box in the closet. I have thrown so many away.
Housework calls !

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful box. Just perfect for those cards...Great job!
Penny

Painted Pink Pot said...

Ok, when will you ever stop being so creative? I love all your ideas. I don't think I will ever throw anyhting away again until you look at it.

Rhondi said...

What a cute little treasure your check box became. Very creative.
Rhondi xo