Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26, 2010

Even though I had a lot to do on Christmas Eve I had to make two of these cute paper mouse/mice ornaments. They were on my to-do list with a lot of other things. But, before I put all the paper and glue gun away I had to make them! I am so glad I did, I love them. Paper mice good, real mice not so much!

Let me just show you what has been a major part of my diet over the past two days! What was I thinking when I made these! They are my second favorite cookie! I still love the gingerbread men!

The poinsettia is still looking good!

Ruka , opening his present. I bought him a blinking red light in the shape of a bone. It clips on his collar so when he is over and goes outside at night my daughter can see him! It is so cute!

Christmas night! Some of the bags are full of presents, others are headed to the recycle bins. So much for all the beautifully wrapped gifts. All the paper, bows and name tags are headed to the curb to be collected on Monday.

I received this cute Santa wine bottle stopper a few years ago. Even though I did not have any of this wine, I think I feel the same way as Santa does. Tired, but a good tired. Okay, maybe Santa is not really tired, but I don't judge. Good thing Christmas comes but once a year!

Okay, let's get serious. I am a big Patriots fan (I love Tom Brady) and I am going to be watching football all day today! I will also be eating leftovers, cleaning, maybe seeing what is on sale (internet shopping) and sitting in front of the fireplace. As I type this it is snowing! I hope my day does not involve shoveling! No! No, shoveling for me! That is not how I plan to spend my day!

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. I will make time to stop by all my favorite blogs this week. I am taking a few days off and I am sure most bloggers are doing the same!
Let it snow!
Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Miss Debbie said...

Cute mice! I made some one year out of pecans...felt ears, wiggle eyes and a piece of curled pipe cleaner for a tail. I glued magnets on the bottom and attached them to homemade cheese balls for little gifts. Sounds like you had a sweet Christmas....enjoy your football!!

Anonymous said...

Denise, you make the cutest things. Love the magnets - might have to copy that idea. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas. All the best for the New Year. Patty, Clem and Matt spent Christmas Day with us at my daughter and son-in-law's house. We had a huge crowd - but it was fun.
Ilse

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Wishing you and your family all the best in 2011!

Cindy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas my friend! Here's wishing you a fabulous New Year's! See in the one-one! :)

hugs,

-c

Debbie said...

Happy New Year Denise! Thank you for your kind comments through the year. I have enjoyed looking at you creative papers this past year. Hope you have a wonderful new year!
Debbie