Monday, February 21, 2011

I am not sure where I found this picture, but I think it was in Country Living magazine. It has been in my to-do list for some time now. It will be a great way to use all the scraps of fabric that I have stored all over the house. It will make a great summer bag.

I made this bag in 2008. It was one of my first blog posts. It is made out of a pillow sham. I just folded the sham in half and sewed up the sides. The straps were made from leftover curtain fabric. My daughter uses this everyday to carry her books and teaching supplies to school. I think I have a few shams in my craft closet. Maybe that would be a nice project for later today. If you look in the clearance section at Marshalls and TJ Maxx you can find shams for under $10.00. I think this one was $7.00.

Thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I love the look of the layered one that you found in the magazine. Looks like a fun project! Your purse is a great project too! Very fun, I like that your daughter is using it now! : )

Enjoy your day! Snow is on it's way here for tonight...is it snowing there yet?

Have fun today! Hugs!
Kim

Debbie said...

The pic you found is a very cute bag. A great way to use scraps. Using pillow shams is a good idea. It's a good feeling when your children use you creations. Part of you goes to school everyday with her. Nice. Have a enjoyable day working on your projects!
Debbie

Miss Debbie said...

Love the tote...great idea!

steviewren said...

I love the fabric scrap bag! I can't wait to see your version of it.

Unknown said...

IveIbeen making pillowsham bags for quite awhile, they're sturdy.