Tuesday, February 1, 2011

This is what I see

This is what I see when I leave my house! Can you see how high the "snow drift" is next to my car? Snowdrift, it sounds so pretty. But all it is, is snow that ended up there after we had our driveway plowed $$$$ for the fifth time this winter!
Winter can be pretty. This is what I see from my dinning room windows. I know they should be removed for safety reasons. But if I showed you how much snow there is on our deck you would understand that I am not going out there anyway! I like how they look, they will stay there until they melt away. I see that happening in early March!

We also have them in the front of the house, again so pretty! But dangerous, I do use the front doors.

I just love this picture. I am so glad that I went with yellow instead of tan!

I usually put our garbage in this shed, until it is picked up on Mondays. Let's just say I have not done that for a few weeks. We live in a wooded area with lots of animals, that like to feast on our garbage. For now I have been leaving the cans outside under the stars! Not one animal footprint to be found, I guess they have found a warm place to stay for the winter.

I won't be sitting out there for lunch anytime soon.
What's that? There is another storm on the way, wonderful!

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

The Big Chill hit our home this morning... ice, snow and below freezing temps for the week. Where are you spring?? Stay warm!

Kim's Treasures said...

Oh wow, Denise! We are now awaiting the blizzard which is coming today. I'll let you know how much we get!

Debbie said...

Oh my! I'm sorry that you have to deal with all the cold and difficulties that come with snow. It does look beautiful! The icicles are fantastic! I've only seen icicles longer that 4" in pictures.
Living where I do, we only dream of snow like that. We had a few flakes back in Dec. In a really bad year, we might have 6", but seldom. We have rain, and rain, and rain and more rain. But today is different! Today we have clear skys and sun! Amazing. The snow drops are in full bloom with the daffs soon to follow. Spring will come - don't give up hope. It will be here soon.
Debbie