Thursday, September 16, 2010

Easy as pie, or open face pie!

I have made this before and it is so easy I had to share the recipe for it. Seeing it is apple season and all. I have seen it called apple galette, but let's just call it an open face apple pie. This is the best picture I have of the finished dish, not too flattering. It looks better in person, I swear.


It is really easy to put together. You will need an apple pie filling, store bought pie crust, an egg, a little bit of sugar and Pam. I forgot to put the sugar and Pam in the picture. Sorry! I was also making a soup for supper at the same time!

Spray a cookie sheet with Pam and then place the pie crust on the cookie sheet.

Put the pie filling in the middle leaving about an 1 1/2" around the outside edge.

Fold over the edge pinching here and there. It is suppose to be rustic looking, no need to be perfect! Beat an egg a bit and brush it on the crust. Then spoon a little sugar over the egg. Bake it in a preheated oven at 400 for about 25-30 minutes.

I did not have any ice cream, so I had to serve it straight up, as is! I am not hearing any complaints! It heats up well in the microwave. I hope you give it a try.

Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

yum thanks for sharing

steviewren said...

This looks like my kind of recipe...nice and easy. You could use the basic crust idea for all kinds of fillings as well.

Mmmm, I will have to give this a try. This is the perfect time of the year for pie recipes too.

Kim's Treasures said...

I have a bunch of apples, I think I need to make this tonight! Thanks!!!

Anonymous said...

yummm <3

danielle

Adrienne said...

that looks delish! we love apple pie here too.

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

:) Looks yummy, Denise!