Thursday, September 30, 2010

Embracing Fall

Okay, since fall started last week and it is quite evident that Mother Nature is fierce and not to be messed with I have decided to embrace fall! I do love mums, pumpkins and the beautiful fall foliage. I also like boots and bulky sweaters! These hardy looking mums are on my front steps .
When I was heading down the driveway (in my car), I turned and noticed how nice the new yellow color looks on a dark and rainy day. You can see the leaves on the rear window.

I looked closer and I could see leaves swirling in the wind. I also noticed that my upstairs windows are open and they are almost even. I hate when they are uneven! But on the other hand the windows are open and it is raining!

The acorns have been falling since early September. I actually have to go out everyday and sweep the deck clean. They are really big acorns, too. I am going to see what "The Farmers Almanac" has to say about falling acorns. I hope it means we are going to have a warm winter. Somehow, I think it will be the opposite. It probably means that the squirrels are gathering up all the acorns they can for a nasty cold winter!

It is rather humid today for early fall. I am not complaining! The boots and sweaters will have to wait!

Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

The yellow does look great on a gloomy day! The mums look great, love the turtle!

steviewren said...

I love it when the house color blends with the foliage around it. The yellow of yours makes it a beautiful autumn companion to the turning leaves and giant pots of mums.

My home has been gray green for years. I'm ready for a change. I'm not sure what color yet...and then there is the problem of paying to have it painted...gray green it will stay...at least for now. :)

From the Kitchen said...

I am loving your autumn--the color, the leaves swirling and the rain!

Best,
Bonnie

Cathy Cobblestone said...

I looooooooove your yellow house! And your mums, and everything fall for that matter. Happy Fall my friend!