Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Childrens Artwork

A dear friend's daughter asked me if I would make her a garland/swag that she could hang her children's art work from. The answer was yes, of course. I picked out a yellow ribbon to use as a clothes line. I came up with a few ideas a bird, dress, fish, apple and flower will hold up her children's artwork with pride. I hot glued clothespins to the back, so all she has to do is clip the artwork to them. I made a few more so she can change them out when she wants. I even distressed them a little in case they should happen to get dirty from any left over art supplies. I had to take the picture outside so please excuse the background. The inside of our house can get really dark, even when the sun shines. I hope she likes it.
P.S. Something about the fish has been bothering me. I now know that it needs a mouth, one will be added.













12 comments:

Lorraine said...

Thank you so much for making the garland artholder for Heather. I know she will love it and so will Haley and Nate.You are a great friend.....

Painted Pink Pot said...

OMG I love it, super cute.........I can so see it hanging on her wall with art the kids do. Very sweet.

Stacy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Absolutely adorable!

hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

very very cute.
i like the fishy.


<3 danielle



ps- there will still be $10/week

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That is adorable!! Very cute...
Penny
p.s. yes, I live out in the middle of a forest and only a 10 minute drive to that cute town I posted on. I am lucky :-)

BittersweetPunkin said...

That is so sweet...love the lil buttons !
Hugs,
Robin

LBP said...

Now that is just adorable! Wish I had had something like that when my son was small.
Blessings
Linda

Lavinia said...

Very clever. They are all so cute but I think I like the dress best...quite adorable.

Re: your comment on my blog yesterday...I totally agree..it is a lot to keep up with reading and visiting one's round of blogs...I have by this point got to spread it out over a few days, otherwise I would be 2 solid hours or more at the computer! Ridiculous, isn't it? I find I have had to give up certain things, to make room in my life for all this blogging and blog-visiting. I mean, something's got to give...so I have abandoned reading news websites. That used to take up time. Visiting blogs is better, because not only do I see something new every day, but its usually good, happy, beautiful news, not the depressing murder/suicide bomber/earthquake that one gets from the news.

Debbie said...

Great idea! You are so good with paper!
Debbie

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Love, Love, Love it. You are so good at this. How is your etsy coming? These little creatures would look darling on a tree, as ornaments. Just trying to get you ready for Christmas.

Hugs, RoseMarie

steviewren said...

This is a super cute idea...bet it would sell in your etsy shop. Are the pieces backed with chipboard? I bet your friend will be thrilled to get this. I would be.

joyh82 said...

Very creative! Love it.