Monday, May 5, 2008

Lovely to look At

It is funny how during the spring you wait for all your plants and trees to show signs of blooming. Sometimes the blooms are gone before they can even be appreciated. We planted the bush and tree about 22 years ago. Others were not so lucky and had to be removed last fall. I am looking forward to a few new plants in the front beds. After a trip to Williamsburg, Virginia in 1984 and loving all the brick walks, my husband and I layed the bricks for our front walk. Talk about not knowing what you were doing. But 24 years later they are still in place.










8 comments:

Kathi said...

I love brick paths too. You did a wonderful job. Your flowering bush is just lovely. Happy Monday to ya, Kathi

steviewren said...

Is that a lilac bush? It gets too hot here in Alabama for them. It is a lovely color beside that redbud tree.

Julie said...

It's just beautiful, Denise!
Wow! You and your husband are incredibly talented!
Blessings,
Julie

Painted Pink Pot said...

The yard looks great. I never noticed the walkway before......it's pretty.

Stacy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful landscaping and garden. You and your husband did a fantasic job on the walkway...Lovely!!

sheila from life @ #17 said...

I'd love a brick walk here :) I keep hopin' to stumble over a huge pile of bricks for free, lol, but that just hasn't happened yet :)

Lavinia said...

Very pretty...I love all the birch trees...they let all the light in....what is that purple-flowerd bush?

The brick looks great...you obviously did a great job on that....

tincanlily said...

For some reason I am drawing a blank on the name of the bush. I will have to put my thinking cap on....if I can find it.