Thursday, May 29, 2008

Geraniums in black and White

How would the world look in constant black and white? I do like to watch old black and white movies. The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, Mr. Blandings Builds his Dream Home , Dial M for Murder and of course It's a Wonderful Life are a few of my favorites. Watching I Love Lucy in color, I am not sure it would be the same. Most of my childhood memories are photographed in black and white. I can remember watching the Wizard of Oz and waiting for the movie to change from black and white and into color. My grandparents had a color television before we did and going over their house to watch television on Sunday nights was a treat. Today, I took pictures of the geraniums I bought on Monday. I like the color picture better right now, but tomorrow who knows?
PS I had no idea you might have to wear sunglasses to look at these pictures. They are so bright and white. I wish I could edit them but it it too late now!



















8 comments:

Anne Fannie said...

I just love all the flowers on your blog! Geraniums are so beautiful, even in your black and white photo!

Bee Haven Bev said...

Lovely blog....great pics. You are a very creative gal...pleased to meet you!

Debbie said...

I grew up watching black and white too. I think it helped my imagination develop. What would Lucy have looked like with purple hair? You know she would have tried it. I like your pictures of black and white along with the color. In B & W we see detail that we tend to ignore with color. Thanks for sharing.
Debbie

Wild Lady Slippers said...

Hi d,I finealy learned how to use the new laptop,so i can checkout what you are doing.The flowers all look beautiful as always you have a good imagination.I'll be home Friday afternoon maybe you could take a ride up to Stacys house.Thanks for the gifts they came in handy. Paula

Donna Lynn said...

That was a fun post, and it makes you really think about how wonderfully colorful our world is! God is a great artist...

Hope your having a lovely week so far and will have a great weekend too!
Bless you,
Donna Lynn

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Sweet Denise!

I LOVE your blog and all the beautiful flower pictures! It makes my day each time I visit!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Lavinia said...

I think with black and white, you notice the texture more. The smoothness of the clay pots is really striking in the B & W.

I just bought Ghost and Mrs. Muir on video last week! Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. It's been years since I've seen it. Many years.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

The black and white photo is very nostalgic looking, but I love the colored one!
Penny