Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chores and Paper Crafting

Okay, the to-do list is still going strong. Outdoor chores were on the list today. I had to take a few minutes to be creative tonight. I bought this folder at Target a few months back. I covered it with paper by Martha Stewart. Tonight , I cut out the bird and other pieces. I am going to use the folder to get organized. It will hold patterns I make, use once and never seem to be able find again and pictures I cut from magazines for inspiration. I may even put the to-do list in there because it is cramping my style, only kidding. The folder should be finished tomorrow. Yikes, I have a few projects to finish. I also want to make some graduation cards this week . We have five friends graduating from college this spring.

















5 comments:

Lavinia said...

Very clever, and very bloggy, with the picket fence...you incorporate that theme so adorably into this folder...so much nicer than just a plain old one.

steviewren said...

Lavinia is right, you should use this little bird and fence design here on your blog somehow...maybe on your sidebar or something. It is very cute.

I tear so many pages out of magazines that I have boxes of torn paper. I bought a 9x12 sketch book and glue things I like into it. I write somewhere on the page exactly what I like about the image...just in case I wonder what in the heck was I thinking at some point in the future.

I noticed somewhere that you said you could spend hours cutting and pasting...me too!!!

tincanlily said...

I see I have a few late night bloggers. I too am a night owl. I never even thought about my blog when I was cutting the white pieces. That is where my head is at tonight.
I just had to do something creative and the folder was handy.
It was a nice day today so I spent some of the day outside and then with whatever needs to be done inside...the day flew by.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love your folder! The bird and fence design with the little button flowers is great!

I tear pages out of magazines all of the time. I have several folders, and they just lay in a basket. I love your idea!
Penny

Lorraine said...

I like your folder.How many of them are you going to make to keep all your paper crats in order? I hope the weather is still nice when i get there tomorrow..haha....