Monday, May 19, 2008

Waiting to Fill In

I took another trip to the garden shop to get more flowers. They looked so pretty until I put them in the ground. I spaced the flowers as stated on the package, so they will fill in over the summer. However, they are looking a little sad right now. I am going to buy a fertilizer that I used last year. The local garden shop uses it and their plants get so full and colorful. So far the flowers I planted outside are looking good, so I will be hopeful for these. This weekend is Memorial Day, so I will plant all the annuals that I like and sit back and enjoy. Oh yes, and water , weed and fertilize and water, weed and fertilize.

8 comments:

Sugarplum Cottage said...

These are wonderful colors, I love anything pink or purple.

Thank you for your kind words you left on my blog. I always love when you visit with me. I wish I lived close I'd go to that strawberry farm with you. Hugs, RoseMarie

steviewren said...

I have some weeding and digging to do this weekend myself. My best flowerbed was infested with nut grass which is SOSOOOO hard to get rid of. I sprayed it with Round-up twice and finally it seems to be killing it. Now I need to dig it up, add some dirt and get some flowers into that bed. I usually plant zinnia seeds out there but I think I will do something different this year. Your hard is going to look great I am sure!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your flowers are looking so pretty! I remember when I lived in upstate NY. Memorial weekend was always flower planting weekend.
Penny

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous blog you have! xoxo

Debbie said...

They will look wonderful! So colorful. I will have mega weeding to do all summer. Does it ever end? Have a happy weekend with your family. Thanks for visiting.
Debbie

Lavinia said...

Rest assured, they will fill in and look fabulous in no time. Sooner than you think; and you must post a pic when they are looking fluffy and lush.

Nice choice of colours in this ensemble.

Anonymous said...

Denise,
They will perk up in no time....that how mine looks at first. You will have a beautiful garden in a few days ahead. I want to thank you for your sweet notes. I told Rose yesterday that I loves to visit your blogs. You have a blessful day today. Kat

Lorraine said...

Your flowers look nice. Iam sure that now that I am back home in fl.your weather will be so nice your plants will grow and grow.........I did have a good time in RI. See you soon....