Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Had a nice Weekend

I hope everyone had a nice long weekend. Mine was very busy. Friday I went to the Wrentham Outlets in Massachusetts bought a few things. A Yankee Candle factory store just opened that day. I spent a lot of time sniffing the different scents. They do come up with some clever names for their candles. Do you think we actually buy the candles for the way they smell or the image the name creates in your mind? I bought cherry lemonade, pound cake,mango peach salsa and peach and sweet berries. I am thinking I was hungry when I made my purchase, I see a food pattern in their names. Saturday was spent going to the barn sale and antique stores followed by a nice dinner at my favorite restaurant. Sunday was so beautiful here and we spent that day at a cookout/ graduation/birthday party. Last but not least, Monday I bought more flowers. Then we went to eat cookout leftovers at our friends home. My pansies are just doing great on the back deck, I wish I would of bought more. I looked for some this weekend but they are an early spring plant in the northeast, so they are long gone from the garden shop. A friend suggested that I make a three tier planter, so I did and I like it very much. I already had the pots, so it was so easy to do. It is the planter in the first picture. In the third picture if you look in the background you can see the little patch of flowers I planted a few weeks ago. I had a few pieces of white iron fence sections that I was not using so I put them in the back of the flowers and it really gives them a bit of a lift.















9 comments:

Lorraine said...

I love the three tier pot. The flowers all look so nice I love the colors.I should make one my self, but i kill everything. You will have to come to FL.to take care of them....Hope you have a good day...

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the 3 tier pot! All of your flowers look lovely.
Penny

steviewren said...

Mmmmm, I love how colorful your deck is. How far into the summer will your pansies look good? Here they are more of a fall plant. In the spring they wither as soon as it gets hot.

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh....Denise! I love the 3 tier pots plant.....You have a beautiful,elegant,and gorgeous scenery where your deck is at.You have a bless Wednesday.....Kathy

tincanlily said...

I think the pansies should be okay for the summer. What is nice is that everything they are planted in can be moved to a shady spot if they start to droop. We shall see, won't we?

Lavinia said...

That three tier pot is a terrific idea....you've inspired me.

Your garden is an enchanting oasis, full of charm and whimsy....

tincanlily said...

Lorraine, I hope you remember that you were the one who told me to make the three tier planter. I am not sure what the one you saw looked like, but everyone likes the idea.

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love your flowers...and that bench is so cute!! I am late visiting..I had a weird day today...LOL...waiting for a repair man to show up all day...called me at 8:30 am and showed up at 1:30 pm!
Hugs,
Robin

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Hey Denise, your deck and flowers look fantastic. I must say your looking very patriotic, (did I spell that right)I also recognized your bench, so sweet. Have you been working on anymore projects, lately? I got tickled when you showed the before and after. Just put your perinnals in the ground and plant more annuals in the pots.

I don't keep a journal of my garden, but you've got me thinking. I've never got into the scrapbooking thang. I do use scrapbooking paper to do the large letters. My sister says I need to do a flicker with all those flowers, don't know how yet. Look so forward to your next visit. Have a wonderful day, RoseMarie