Thursday, October 23, 2008

Apple for the Teacher

I made a few apple clippies, this time I thought they would make nice notepaper holders. I am sure Miss Lavoie can use them. I am finishing up the paint cans. I am still stealing glass jars from the recycle bin. This was a pizza sauce jar. I am going to buy a few mason jars because as hard as I try I can not get the pickle scent out of the pickle jar.

I always wonder, how did the apple become associated with teachers. I also wonder if teachers wish another fruit would replace it. Why not a pear, a pineapple or a peach? But then again, it is nice knowing that somethings never change!

I filled this jar with hard candy. The jar looks really pretty with all the different color candies and wrappers. Miss Lavoie, this is the start to your apple collection.






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the apple can.I know Miss Lavoie will love it to.The jars are cute to. Thank You so much.

Anonymous said...

Talented... you R the talented one here. I love all your gift making... how thoughtful of you.

Love your banners in your sidebar...

Have a Wonderful Up-Coming Weekend... Enjoy ALL AuTuMn has 2 OffeR, Pamela

steviewren said...

Cute! It will be her first "apple for the teacher."

Cindy said...

Too cute! Always love your creative clippes!

c

Christy said...

How do you paper the lids of the jars? They look so smooth. Your crafts are so beautiful and inspirational. Everytime I look at your blog it makes me want to run to the craft store. Hmm I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing :)