Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Turkey Plates

I went shopping yesterday to take advantage of all the sales on fall decorations. I found eight round place mats to go with the turkey plates I bought at TJ Maxx a few weeks ago. The fall floral picks I bought at Jo Ann's. Underneath the plates are a few pieces of paper I will use to make place cards. We only have a small gathering for Thanksgiving but I like making place cards anyway.

The turkey plate deserves a little attention! I like that it has a bit of pink in it, not your usual fall color.


We always eat around 2:00. How nice it would be to eat later, when the sun would be setting and cast these nice shadows.


You might think that I am getting ready for Thanksgiving way too early. The fall sales are out there and before you know it they will be playing Christmas songs on the radio. I am always doing everything last minute. I will need every minute to get ready! I should probably set the table tomorrow! I think I will wait on ordering the turkey.








7 comments:

Carol said...

Your table looks great, you know I love those turkey plates! Can't wait to use mine for Thanksgiving dinner.
Carol

Shelley said...

What a pleasant and pretty table setting! I love having place cards too!

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Oh Miss Denise - you know I just love it all - all your new creations are jus' beautiful. That wonderful new header - is that a card? Guess who wants one??? Holler at me! Have a great week! Cathy

Lavinia said...

These plates have an old fashioned elegance to them. I am admiring them very much.

Kim's Treasures said...

Absolutely beautiful table! LOVE the plates!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That is going to make the most perfect Thanksgiving setting!

Cindy said...

These are really pretty...will have to go see if I can find some.

c