Monday, October 20, 2008

Pickle Jar

Last night while taking the recyclables outside I noticed this small pickle jar. A lot of the blogs are already showing their Christmas ideas and a few were using canning jars. I bought some new paper this week and it does look a bit like Christmas paper, so why not give it a try?

I do not like the background paper, but I have a lot of things to do today and I am not going to take these pictures again. This jar would look great filled with Hershey Kisses. The silver wrapping would look nice against the red.


A few months ago I came across a blogger that had papered her tea bags. I do not remember the blog, if anyone does know the blog or if it is yours, please let me know. I always like to give credit for what inspires me. The blogger wrote little notes on the tea bags. They were so cute. It would be nice to fill a jar with tea bags and give it to a friend.






4 comments:

Carol said...

I love your idea for using a jar as a gift container. The tea bags look so cute with the tags you made. Keep the ideas coming. I plan on making a lot of Christmas gifts this year!
Carol

steviewren said...

Both ideas are adorable. I wanna be on your gift list! : )

Shelley said...

I love both ideas - they seem like such a warm and friendly gift to give.

tincanlily said...

Note to anyone wanting to make a few of these. It is very hard to get the pickle smell out of the jar! Choose your jars wisely!
denise