Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Snowmen

I bought these cute ready to finish ornaments at Michael's. They were $1.49 with an additional 40% off!

I painted them white and topped that with a little clear glitter.

I wrapped the tree with a small piece of green pipe cleaner. I like how the banner turned out,I may have to use that on another ornament.

That is a piece of red printed paper wrapped around the blue base.

A friend told me how to make the pipe cleaner candy canes. I would of never thought of it.

It was getting close to supper time and I needed another idea. A simple heart would have to do. I think I bought the last four of these unfinished ornaments. I will take a ride to Michael's and see if they have anymore. They were fun to do, but they did take some time to make. I need quite a few ornamnents for my tree this year. I lost most of them when the basement flooded in the spring.


Thanks for visiting!


6 comments:

Crickit said...

These snowmen are adorable!! You are so creative. Anyone would love to have one of these on their Christmas Tree!

Kim's Treasures said...

These are adorable! I think you did a wonderful job! I need more ornaments, too. I gave my daughter all of hers when she got married this year.

Have a great day!!!
Kim

steviewren said...

So cute! You are the Queen of Christmas ornaments. I'm so sorry you lost most of your old ornaments when it flooded.

Miss Debbie said...

Cute, cute, cute! Great job! Sorry you lost your other ornaments.I'm sure some of them had sentimental value. But now you have an opportunity to start fresh.... making new memories. Like the owl one you made yesterday... "I remember when I made this....on Nov 8, 2010...the day we had the first snow of the season! :-)

Attic Clutter said...

I love the darling snowmen ~!! wonderful job..what a fun project to do too..
On the melancholy Fall -I agree and feel almost exactly as you do..(:) Thanks for that I needed it..hugs,Patty

Unknown said...

I love them how cute