Monday, November 15, 2010

Thinking of Ideas for Thanksgiving Place Cards

These are the place cards I made last year. A few of my friends save their wine corks and give them to me. I never thought I would use them for place cards.

This is a place card from Thanksgiving 2008. It is a peanut butter chocolate turkey.
I wonder if I still have the mold?

I like place cards. I am not sure when we started making them. In the early years they were made from paper and crayons. I know we still have a few tucked in a drawer somewhere in the house. I have even seen them make an appearance at my parents house during Thanksgiving.

What will this year's place cards look like? I am giving that some thought today.

Have a nice day!
Thanks for visiting!

6 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I love the little birdie ones! Chocolate is always good too! I like the idea of using place cards. I can't wait to see what you come up with.

steviewren said...

I can't wait to see how you resolve this dilemma...and you've given me an idea. I need to think up a place card craft that the girls and I can do for Thanksgiving. I'm spending the week with my TX kids in a cabin in the Smokey Mountains this year.

Unknown said...

You need to share the recipe for that cute chocolate turkey!

Carrie

Miss Debbie said...

I know you will come up with a great idea.....you are full of them!! I'm glad the bazaar went well. Did people love your ornaments? I'm not surprised your cakes were chosen....they were special!

Debbie said...

Mmmmm, the peanutbutter-chocolate turkey looks yummy! You have really good ideas. Looking forward to seeing what you do.
Debbie

jhon said...

Yeah, and here is the family. A friend took this while we were trying for a nice family portrait for the Christmas card. Do you notice the new guy is the only one posing for the camera. black vinyl chain link fence