Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Time to start Christmas Crafting!

There, I said it! I am not trying to scare anyone by mentioning the word Christmas in August. But I have learned that if you want to have a relaxed and festive Christmas season you have to start making your Christmas crafts early! Yesterday I had lunch with a friend who will be very involved in a Christmas Bazaar. I helped her with it last year and much to my surprise, I really liked it! After lunch I headed to Jo Ann's to buy some felt. I had seen a few cute penguins online earlier in the day. So that is what I made, a penguin ornament. It took a while to make the pattern the right size and after three tries I came up with this cute little guy.

I thought he needed to look a little more festive so I attached a Christmas list to his arm. However, today I did not like it so much and removed it! Who knows it could be back on by the end of the day. Now, I must go buy more felt! I want to make at least 20 of them! Yikes, 20?

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Miss Debbie said...

Really cute. My mom's church had bazaars a long time ago. She sewed beautifully, but wasn't much of a crafter, so she would recruit me to help. It was fun!

Carrie said...

that is so cute! I might have to make some of these for my kitchen tree I have a little penguin thing going on in there :)

Carrie

Anonymous said...

He is a cute little guy! I love him.... Pierre, correct? ;)

<3 danielle

Kim's Treasures said...

SOOOO CUTE!!!

cindy said...

Christmas? LOL LOL...I can't even wrap my head around Fall decor...and its September 16th. My hat is off to you my fren, for thinking that far ahead.

-c