Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dollar Store Finds

This past Wednesday I hoped to make it to Jo Ann's to buy a package of glue sticks before the snow started. It was suppose to start snowing around 3 in the afternoon. I left the house at 10:30 thinking I would beat the snowflakes. But, oh no. It began snowing as soon as I started my car. I had enough time to run a few errands and stop at The Dollar Tree to see if they had any glue sticks. I did not find any glue sticks but I did find all this!
I had the tissue paper in my basket before I found the tall candles. But I knew as soon as I saw the candles I was going to glue the tissue paper to the glass candle jars.

The tissue paper is so pretty. They had a few other colors. I am pretty sure I need them, too.

I cut a piece of tissue to fit around the jar. I used Mod Podge to glue the paper to the jar.
I lit the candles and they looked very pretty. Not a bad craft for $3.00. I really have to go back and buy a few more candles and paper!

Thanks for visiting!


Debbie said...

I love the candles! I picked up some tissue paper like that after Christmas when they had it on sale for half off but never have seen the candles. I will have to go and look a little harder!


Kim's Treasures said...

You are welcome and your candles looks so pretty! Not to shabby for emergency candles : ) I hope you are all dug out from the storm! We are suppose to get a major storm on Tuesday night but there is still plenty of time for the computer models to change and the storm system to shift. (Hopefully not in your direction!).

Have a wonderful weekend!

steviewren said...

Fantastic idea! I never would have thought of it, but now you've got my brain spinning. Oh, the possibilities!

Lorilee said...

Wow, they are so pretty. Great price too!

Adrienne said...

i love the tissue paper candles! great idea!!! stay warm :)

Miss Debbie said...

Cool stuff! I love Dollar Tree! You never now what you will find shopping, Denise!

cindy said...

Very gorgeous! I love to play with those too! Then I cheat and drop one of those batt operated lights in top (cause I can't light a candle, one of my cats has asthma!). :)