Friday, January 22, 2010

I just want to be done!

I can't believe it has been a week since I posted something new. I really wanted to concentrate on improving my blog this year and I start off the year by neglecting it! I haven't really been feeling that creative either! What I have been doing is trying to get my house in order. That means cleaning, organizing and finishing all the projects that I started. The picture of my new dining room furniture is a great example of things that need to be finished! I have been deciding on chairs, since Thanksgiving. We eat at the kitchen bar, so there is no real hurry. I think I have made a decision on what chairs to keep. I will post a picture of my new finished dining room next week!

Another unfinished room, is our bedroom! I painted the walls a pretty dark tan/gold color in late fall. This is a look at the bedroom door. My husband thought it would be nice to make it look like a barn door. I agreed, the other side that faces the hallway is red.


Still working on the pillows for the bed. They are smaller in real life. I will say they also look better in real life. I do not see a future in photography! I love the front two pillows! I not sure what to call the look I am going for, I want it to have a western feel, like Colorado or Montana. I have no idea why, I just want it to have a comfy fell that both my husband and I would like. Not that it really matters to him. He has always let me do the decorating.



This is the top of a tall chest. I put a wreath down and put these two large candle holders inside. I love the blue beads against the tan walls. I was going to throw the glass beads out and buy red ones, but the blue is very pretty. This is what I have been doing. Finishing all the decorating projects that I have been neglecting since fall. One day, I will say my house is done! I will be done looking for curtains, rugs, lamps and more lamps! Another problem is that I buy something take it home look at it for a few days and decide it is now quite what I wanted. That means back to the store and start again. Professional decorators earn their money! I can not wait until I am done! Then I can sit down and finish that book I got for Christmas!
Thanks for visiting!




2 comments:

Cindy said...

It all looks very pretty! Love the door and that garland on it is gorgeous! Love all the colors in your home, very cozy!

-c
yapping cat

Anonymous said...

pretty pictures mom :0)

danielle <3