Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Pretty Little Doo-Dads!

A friend's birthday is less than a week away. We don't exchange gifts, but I need an excuse to make something cute. I will find any small reason to put off organizing my kitchen. Who am I kidding, I need a professional to come in and organize my house. But, that will never happen. I have better ways to spend money. I now know that I need more pretty do-dads for my paper crafts.
I recovered a small recipe box that I bought in the $1.00 bin at Michael's. Hopefully, tonight I will have time to make a few cards and notebooks to put in the box. What fun would it be to get an empty box for a gift?


These are the do-dads that I mentioned before. They are so pretty. So unlike me, I usually like everything to be distressed. But, it is not always about what I like. My friend likes bright, clean and tailored. I like distressed, dark and tattered!


I bought a small stack of this pretty paper at Jo Ann's . My first craft purchase of the year. I was going to try and use what I already have in my cluttered craft cabinet. But, the paper was so pretty and it was on sale! Which meant I could use my Jo Ann's coupon on something else. Crazy how a crafter's mind work. Or, is it?

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

steviewren said...

I love that paper with the birdcage on it! I might have to run over to our new Jo Ann's and see if they have it.

I've made recipe cards before, using cut out food from magazines and then gluing recipes I cut out of the paper on them.

BittersweetPunkin said...

That's gorgeous!! I hope you are having a wonderful New Year so far!

Cindy said...

*sigh* I hear ya. One of the gals at our LSS had a tee that said "paper hoe"...LOL...that was a statement I could identify with. LOL. You got some great papers though.

-c
yapping cat