Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I love my deck!

I would like to tell you a little about our deck. The original deck lasted 26 years. It served us very well, but it had to go! It had become hazardous! All that is left of it now is the framing and the balusters.
I love big pots with pretty plants! This pot is on a base that has wheels. It can be moved around quite easily. Great idea! I love to change this around now and then. That is an understatement!

I had my doubts about having the balusters painted white. Okay, I down right hated them at first and let's just say I was almost in tears. It was a big change from the natural look they had been before. Now, I love the way they look. I guess it takes me a few days to get use to changes.
The stairs lead to my favorite little spot on the deck. The whiskey barrel has pink impatience and basil in it! Basil is so easy to grow and I use it all the time. I like going outside and picking a few leaves for sauces or pizzas. Stop by and pick a few leaves I have another basil plant on the deck.

My husband would love to keep this area empty, but what is the fun in that? I am hoping to find a few end of the season sales on furniture. I'd better hurry before the Christmas decorations are out.

The summer of 2010 has been sunny and warm in New England. I can start my morning off outside and I have sitting been outside reading until almost 9 PM. As nice as the summer has been that can change in a minute. I have to take advantage of every nice day and evening. I have not been doing too much crafting and I miss it. But that could also change. I have enough craft supplies and ideas to keep me very busy! I have crafted outside before, why not this year? Maybe because it is too warm!!!

Thanks for visiting!



3 comments:

Kim's Treasures said...

I love your deck, Denise! Very pretty, the flowers are pretty too! Furniture is on clearance at Target and Home Depot right now...you didn't hear that from me...lol!

Carol said...

I really like the combination of white & dark wood. Your deck looks like a relaxing place to hang out.

Smiles,
Carol

Miss Debbie said...

I guess you do love your deck! It looks wonderful! So, glad you are able to enjoy it... no cool mornings in Ga!!