Monday, July 26, 2010

Outdoor Seating

The deck is done! I can open the screen door walk out and have my morning coffee while sitting on this couch. My father bought it for me over two years ago. It was at his house until last month. I could never find the right cushions for it. It was originally painted black but I asked him to paint it green. Now, I wish it would of stayed black, isn't that just the way it is? But green it is and green is good. After two years of looking I finally found cushions that fit with just a little alteration. They can be rather expensive, cushions that is. I found these for $20 a piece. That is a very good price.
What is so great about these cushions is that they are reversible. Striped on one side, floral on the other. I really love this little couch and believe it or not, it is very comfortable. I will have more pictures of the deck to come very soon. Let's just say my cute little garden deck has been transformed into something more sophisticated. I really loved all my little plants and mixtures of time worn furniture, however my husband likes clean lines. I am beginning to see things the same way. But I still like my polka dotted pots and little whimsical pieces! I will blend I am determined to make it work!

Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

steviewren said...

I like your sofa, especially with the striped cushions. There's something about the stripes that appeals to me.

On the topic of clean lines...I am like you. I used to like more ornate lines but I've come to see the beauty in simple. I mix and match too. I can't afford to change everything, so I have to mix and match which probably makes for a more interesting room anyway.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Love the red!!! My favorite color - can't wait to see the rest of your porch - if I know you - I know it will be wonderful!