Sunday, July 25, 2010

Saturday Night Dining

Last night my husband and I went out to eat at "Hemingway's" in East Greenwich, Rhode Island. It is right on the water and the view at night was spectacular. It was about 8 o'clock so there were a lot of boats in their slips. I'm not sure if that is the right terminology but I'm going with it! There are three restaurants within shouting distance of one another. They all had white lights and lanterns. There were stars in the sky and the moon was in full view. I didn't want to leave. But it had been hot and humid all day and that can tire you out! The reason for this post, I had a lobster sandwich! That is what it was called on the menu because it is served on a bun not a roll. They can call it what they want, but it was a lobster roll, don't try to be cute with the wording this is New England and it is a lobster roll! A few weeks ago I had a lobster BLT now, that was good! It's a great way to make a little lobster go a long way!
Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Miss Debbie said...

Sounds like a wonderful night out! I love eating by the water...it is so pretty and relaxing. I'm not sure where to get a lobster roll in Ga, or if I could afford it if I could find one, but you have really made me want one! :-)

steviewren said...

I've never had a lobster roll, but the BLT lobster roll sounds intriguing. I can imagine the boats and lights and the water...it sounds like a nice evening.

Lorilee said...

Hmmm, I have never had lobster. I would only want it already "shelled" That shell cracking looks too messy! I have had crab and shrimp and love them!
Blessings,
Lorilee