Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Yellow House

The house painting is finally finished! I am very happy with the results. There were a few days when I thought why didn't I just pick gray or tan? But I am glad that I did not chicken out, I like the yellow. It was time for a change and it will be yellow for a long time to come. We decided not to put the shutters back on the house. I like the look.

This side of the house was added back in 1992. It is funny how back then we needed extra room. Now, I wish we could go back to the original house size. Less to clean!

I like the blue door!

The wreath was on sale at Jo Anne's for $13.00.

I have had these blue pots for years. They go nicely with the blue door.
I had to put the wind chime back in it's place. I love the sound it makes, but for some reason it has been very quiet since I put it back. Maybe it has been a calm summer. I hope when the fall comes it starts to chime again.

This bird house has to be ten years old. You can see it has been used a bit over the years.

I had to buy a new mat for the porch. The colors are perfect even though this picture is rather dark. Well, that is the new look of our house. I am happy with it. I have always wanted a yellow house.

Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

Love the color of your house and your blue door is just the right touch :) Love it!

I did manage to get all of my doilies in their proper place ;)

Miss Debbie said...

I love your yellow house and your blue door! I'm glad you didn't chicken out, too! It looks like a happy place... very inviting!

steviewren said...

I like it. It's a cheery New England look. I like all of your extra touches as well.

Anonymous said...

your house looks fantastic !Beautifully decorated. Enjoy. Say hi to all. Love, Betty & Tom

Lorilee said...

I love the new house colors. Great choice!
Blessings,
Lorilee