Monday, April 21, 2008

Swinging into Spring

As I said, I love to spend time on our deck. We have had this swing for years and it needed a little pick me up and this is how it turned out. This picture is the after, the before picture is not that appealing, that is why I saved it for last. I bought the fabrics at Jo Anne's last week. The deck is really taking shape. It just needs a few more flowers and one more umbrella and it will be ready for the summer. I spent most of Sunday sitting on the swing listening to the Red Sox game on the radio, they won. I am an avid New England sports fan. Later on our daughter took a drive to the beach and brought home chowder and clam cakes from a diner called Iggy's. We are having such a nice spring here.






































9 comments:

tksutton said...

wow mom that looks ten times better.
are u going to make cushions for the chairs around the pool at well???

BittersweetPunkin said...

I love love love clam cakes and I miss them DEARLY...we are here on the WEST COAST and I have not found any yet.....

...love the swing..I've always wanted one.
Blessings,
Robin

Julie said...

Denise, you did such a beautiful job! and I just love that fabric!!!!
Blessings,
Julie

Lorraine said...

The swing looks nice.I wish they had Iggis in Fl. I miss the clam cakes and dough boys.I hope to get some when I come to R.I.

Painted Pink Pot said...

Fabric changes anyhting. It made such a differnce. Looks awesome. I love the pillow fabric also. I'll be getting that to cover my four other chairs!!!! Just call me copy cat.

steviewren said...

I love the design on that brown fabric. Very nice!

Crab cakes sound so yummy.

Anonymous said...

GooDneSS!!! We use to have one of these swings, but I didn't even think about redoing the cover... WoW!!! Love the fabric you have chosen. I truly enjoy visiting your blog. I will stroll on over again. Thank you for stopping by the cottage.
Have a Terrific Tuesday & a Productive One at that, Pamela

Donna Lynn said...

Love the swing re-do! Great job on the paint and fabric, very Summer fun! I have an awful swing, that has a cushion on it that got burned last forth of July, fireworks were the culprit! (Joshua!) Anyway, you gave me inspiration to re-cover mine too!
Thanks, Donna Lynn

Sugarplum Cottage said...

How creative you are! Please come and redo my swing. Your deck is lookin' good and I love the woods in the background.

I love your blog name, RoseMarie