Friday, April 25, 2008

Brown and Turquoise

I can scratch another project off my list. I stepped out of my color comfort zone when I painted this planter brown and turquoise. I had planned on painting all the odds and ends on the deck red and blue. I love the all American beach look. That all changed when I bought the brown fabric at Jo Anne's. I definitely like the change.

























I made a few more signs, they do add a touch of whimsy to the deck. Who doesn't like whimsy? The pots needed to be painted black. The natural clay color did not seem to match the brown and blue of the planter. All in all I am happy with the outcome . A few more projects for the weekend and I should be done.




.

































































9 comments:

Lavinia said...

Beautiful colour choice! Look how the green of the plants stands out against the blue shelf colour. This is whimsical and the overall effect is quite pretty.

Well done indeed.

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Oh you smart girl, I have my chifforobe finished too, but I haven't took a pic yet. You really are on the ball. Love the colors.

Hugs, RoseMarie

Cindy said...

Cute! Love your signs.

c

Painted Pink Pot said...

Love the shelf it came out great. You are so ready for summer. Now you can enjoy your summer ion your swing!!!

Ms Dragonfly said...

wow, that's sweet, thank you. as for etsy, just do it! it doesn't cost anything till you sell something!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the brown and turquoise! And your signs are so cute!
Penny

Anonymous said...

Beautiful inspiring blog! Denise,Mass.

Julie said...

I just love the brown and turquoise color combo!
What a great idea to paint those pots black -- an extra touch of class!
Blessings,
Julie

Rachel said...

Those look so cute and so fun!