Thursday, April 10, 2008

The proof is in the ground

Many blogs out there are posting the signs of spring in their area. I was determined to find proof that spring was actually making an appearance in my neck of the woods. Well, Rhode Island has jumped on the spring is in the air band wagon. I am happy to say that I did locate a hint of a few perennials in the back yard. The front door of our house now has a lovely wreath on it. I now need to make a list of the annual flowers, potting soil and flower pots I will need. White paint is needed to refresh the front porch. The screen door could use a coat of paint too. It looks like crafting will take a back seat to outdoor work for a few days. At least until the rain comes this weekend.



4 comments:

Wild Lady Slippers said...

YES IT IS SPRING EVEN IN MY TOWN AND EVEN THOUGH WE STILL HAVE LOTS OF SNOW YOU CAN SEE A FEW BARE SPOTS.WHAT A PRETTY WREATH,DID YOU MAKE THAT OR PURCHASED IT.I WILL BE IN TOWN NEXT WEEK,YOU NEED TO SHOW ME HOW TO MAKE ONE OF YOUR POCKETBOOK TOTES,SO CUTE.

HAVE A GREAT DAY !
PAULA

tincanlily said...

I bought the wreath at Jo Anne's last year. I did add more flowers to it. I will be happy to show you how to make a pocketbook tote. I bought some flowers today at Walmart...good prices. I will put some in pots so I can take them in at night incase we get a frost. I want to look out and see color onn the back deck. Doors are open again today.

Painted Pink Pot said...

The wreath is pretty, maybe I could make one too.....

Stacy

Julie said...

I'm so happy that you're getting your spring! I can tell by your posts that you've been patiently waiting and hoping!
You go and enjoy your beautiful weather and outdoor time!
Many Blessings,
Julie

P.S. I wanted to pass along the "Blog with a Heart" to you, but I'm embarrassed to say ...
I don't know your first name.
I'm just terribly ashamed to admit that -- but I'd still like to pass it along to you if you'll accept?!
Julie