Friday, April 11, 2008

Black and White Pictures

I have no idea what to call this project. I just like to decorate pictures. I have just recently started doing this craft. I have bought a few books on altering pictures, the ideas are endless. These examples are very simple, but it is a start. The young couple in the first picture happens to be my parents. They will be married 52 years in July. The boy on the swing is my older brother who turns 50 years old today. Happy birthday, Wayne.









7 comments:

Lorraine said...

I like the pictures alot.Is that fabric or paper.What a way to make something old look new.

tincanlily said...

Lorraine, everything is paper. I do agree it does make something old look new.

Cathy Cobblestone said...

Thank you so much for visiting me at Cobblestone Farms. I truly appreciate it - you have beautiful things as well. I love the clothespins and tissue holders - do you sell them? I would definitely be interested. I will add you to my links if that is alright. Have a blessed day! Cathy

Julie said...

Your parents make the prettiest couple! 52 years?! Congratulations!

Your brother is adorable! Happy Birthday, Wayne!

And I just love your altered projects. Isn't it fun? The colors you chose were just perfect!

Blessings,
Julie

Painted Pink Pot said...

Your parents are so cute. Your mom is so pretty. I love how you added the pictures to paper. I haven't been doing to much but want to get back into it. Maybe we can this week. Oh, I only have 10 projects going on at once. My head is always spinning.

Stacy

BittersweetPunkin said...

Wow...the photos look great! I have entertained the possibility of doing some altered art with some old photos but just haven't made my mind up yet...too much going on that I haven't finished yet!
Hugs,
Robin

Anonymous said...

Lovely, what a great idea. Would you give us "all thumbs" types a tutorial ???

Great post,
Kathy