Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Head board and More

My daughter has been looking for an iron headboard for about a year now. They can be quite costly so we have been looking for one at the local consignment/antique stores . Never fear, my father found one . His neighbor had put this one out for garbage pick up. It also comes with a foot board . The price could not be better, it was free. My daughter wants to paint it a brighter color. I think it would look nice red or maybe mustard yellow. It will go nicely with the dresser and mirror she bought last weekend. Since I was ay my parents to look at the head board, I want to share a picture of something my father built in his back yard. It is an out house, that he is using as a shed. I can not believe I am sharing this, but I think he did a nice job with it. He has been retired for about ten years now and keeps busy building all sorts of things. He has built a lot of furniture over the years and too many lamps to count.







This is the handle to the out house door. He made it himself out of a piece of sheet metal and then sprayed it flat black. I have no idea how he does all this, but I do know he has all the right tools. We shake our heads a lot, I mean a lot at his ideas. But if he is happy, who are we to judge? He likes to work with wood, concrete and metal. I am sure I will share more of his work in future posts.















8 comments:

Lavinia said...

Wow, your line made me laugh:

"The price could not be better, it was free."

I love finding anything under ten dollars..I call that "the Lavinia Price".

What a find that headboard is; congratulations!

That outhouse is so sweet; what a great colour for the door; and those handles are darling. Your family is very creative.

Regards,
Lavinia

Anonymous said...

gramps is talented. i like the door handles. perhaps he can make me some of those hearts and i can do something w/ them in my bedroom.
just a thought.

<3 danielle

Julie said...

Denise,

You're Daddy is too neat! He found that bed for you and that outhouse!
What a hoot! At the same time..... who's gonna have the last laugh if the indoor plumbing backs up?!?!? ;*)
It's pretty AND functional!

Blessings,
Julie

Painted Pink Pot said...

OK, Loving the headboard. Your dad's outhouse is too cute, I could live in it. Do you think I could hire him to build me a playhouse for the girls????

Wild Lady Slippers said...

THE OUTHOUSE IS SO CUTE I COULD SEE IT IN MY BACKYARD.........TELL TED I SAID HELLO AND MOM TOO,I MISS YOUR DAD.LEAVE IT TO YOUR DAD TO FINED YOU THE HEADBOARD AND FREE OFCOURSE!

TALK TO YA LATER !

tincanlily said...

I will tell my parents you said hi. Hope you are having a warm spring, we sure are. Denise

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

What an awesome find. Thanks so much for adding me, I've added you as well. Have a great weekend, Theresa

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!