Thursday, April 24, 2008

Sunshine and Seventies

The warm weather continues here in Rhode Island. I spent most of yesterday outside. I did a little more planting and painting. The pansies look great planted in these containers. I have been looking for containers that would fit the railing on our deck. These are great they are adjustable.




I haven't painted anything I would call decoraive in years. The walls in my house and a few outdoor things for sure. I came across some unfinished signs that I bought last year. Why not make a few for outside? I found one brush that really was not suitable for fine lettering and flowers but I made do. The signs are primitive to say the least. I was not too sure if I liked them, but outside they do look sort of cute. Not my best work, but I am not an artist, just someone who happens to have a brush and few tubes of paint.





I tied a bit of ribbon to the signs and I called it a night. I hope everyone is enjoying spring in their neck of the woods. It is already in the 70's here and the sun is shining. All I need is an iced cofffee and who knows what I may accomplish today.























7 comments:

Julie said...

Those are too cute!
I need to make some of those, too!
Actually, my daughter needs to...
Blessings,
Julie

Anonymous said...

Love those signs...Your lettering is so cute! Glad that spring is up your ways. I have enjoyed looking at your blog...you have cute things and ideas. Have a Bless Spring Day!

steviewren said...

Nice work. Lettering isn't easy. Your's looks great. I have been enjoying the mild weather here myself. Before long it will be as hot as HEdouble toothpicks here.

Lavinia said...

Your little signs are so charming....they really dress up the flowers. But you are too modest....I mean, I wish I could do all you do with a few tubes of paint and a brush....

Lavinia said...

Adding that adorable ribbon is the finishing touch. God is in the details, they say.

Ms Dragonfly said...

i LUV that color combination!

Anonymous said...

How SwEET!!! I love them...they look awesome amongst the flowers.

Have Fabulous Friday, Pamela